Apple Music Family Plan
What exactly is Apple Music?
Apple Music is a music-streaming service which Apple launched in the year 2015. It competes with other streaming services like Spotify, YouTube Music and Amazon Music Unlimited providing users with the ability to stream millions of tracks as well as numerous features dependent on the subscription they choose.
Apple offers four subscriptions with paid-for options. One of them includes Apple Music Family. Apple Music Family subscription. Additionally, there is an option for a monthly individual subscription as well as an an annual subscription, and Student subscriptions, and an alternative for Android smartphone users.
This article concentrates upon the Apple Music Family subscription, providing everything you need to be aware of, from the amount it will cost to the features it can offer and the locations it’s accessible.
How much does Apple Music family plan cost per month?
The Apple Music Family plan costs $14.99/month in the US or PS14.99/month in the UK and provides the use of Apple Music for up to six users, which is the same as Amazon Music Unlimited plan. It’s slightly less expensive in comparison to Spotify Premium for Family. Spotify Premium for Family plan after Spotify raised its prices.
To make use of the Apple Music Family subscription with other members of your household, you’ll have to create Family Sharing using a supported device. If you have set up Family Sharing then you automatically become the family’s organizer.
Apple Music is part of Apple One, which is the Apple One package of subscriptions that includes Apple services. Its Apple One Family tier offers you and up to five family members Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage at $19.95/month for the US or $19.95 in the UK. You can also choose Apple One Premier, which is the Apple One Premier tier that costs $29.95/month in the US and PS29.95/month in the UK and comes with Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, in addition to News+, 2TB of storage in iCloud, along with Fitness+ for you and five members of your family.
How to share Apple Music with friends, How does apple music family plan work, What does the Apple Music Family Plan include?
It is worth noting that the Apple Music Family plan not only provides access to up to six people, but each of them will be able to have their own account that allows users to stream ad-free videos and music, access to more than 70 million songs, and also the iTunes library, stream offline or online, as well as download 100,000 tracks into their library.
Family plan subscribers will have access to their devices across the and will also be in a position to view what their your friends are listening to. They also gain access to Apple Music 1 live and streaming radio shows.
They are able to choose the items they share, and when they can share that information to other people in the Family program, and opt not to share anything at all. They are also able to share iTunes purchases, if they’ve established iCloud Family sharing.
Apple Music Family Plan: Where is it available?
Apple Music Family plan is available worldwide. Apple Music Family plan is widely available, which includes those in the US, UK and Australia. It is possible to determine if Apple Music Family plan is available in your region by clicking here.
Apple Music Family Plan: How do you sign-up?
You can join this plan through the Apple Music Family plan from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or an Android device. If you have already an Apple Music Individual or Student subscription, you can upgrade it to a Family membership. The steps provided by Apple’s support webpage this article will assist you in managing your subscription choices.
If someone is subscribed to Apple Music for an individual or student the renewal of their subscription will automatically be cancelled when they sign up for the Family plan.
If you’re enrolling in Apple Music from scratch, you’ll find step-by-step directions on how to set up an Family subscription on Mac and PCs at this Apple Support page.
We’ve explained the steps to sign-up to the Apple Music Family plan on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch below. You can scroll down a bit for the steps to join the Apple Music Family plan on an Android device.
Set up the Apple Music family members on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
- Open the Apple Music app
- If you do not see any Apple Music screen, tap “For You at the lower right of the screen.
- If you’re signing up to Apple Music for the first time, or have previously tried trial versions, click the trial offer
- If you are currently a subscriber for Apple Music, tap ‘Sign In’ and then switch to an Family subscription.
- Select the Family option Then select “Start Trial”.
- If you are prompted to sign in, do so using your Apple ID and password that you have used to access iTunes Store. iTunes Store.
- It is possible that you will be asked to confirm the billing information, but you won’t get billed for the full amount of your monthly bill until after the trial expires.
- Choose a valid payment method and click “Join”.
- If you are asked to, accept these terms and conditions.
- Select the genres and artists you enjoy. You can also check out what your listen to with your friends and receive notifications when new music is released by artists.
Family members who are already registered with Family Sharing will be automatically granted access to Apple Music following the steps in the previous paragraph. If you aren’t able to access it then ask the family organizer for an invitation to join Family Sharing.
Set up the Apple Music Family on an Android device:
- Install Apple Music from Google Play. Apple Music app from Google Play.
- Launch the Apple Music application. If you aren’t seeing the Apple Music screen, tap the three vertical dots then tap “For You’.
- If you’re signing up to Apple Music for the first time, or have previously tried the trial offer, click on the offer to try it out.
- If you’re currently a subscriber of Apple Music, tap ‘Sign In’ and change to the Family subscription.
- Select Family Then select Start Trial.
- If you are prompted to sign in, do so using your Apple ID and password that you use to sign in to your account in the iTunes Store. If you do not possess the Apple ID, click ‘Create New Apple ID’.
- It is possible that you will be required to verify your billing information, however you won’t be charged the full amount of your monthly bill until the trial has ended.
- Choose a valid payment method and then tap “Join”.
- If asked, you must agree to those terms.
- Pick genres and artists you enjoy. You can also find out what your peers are listening to, and receive notifications whenever new music releases are released by artists.
How to enable Apple Music / iCloud Family Sharing
To enable iCloud Family Sharing: Tap the three vertical dots. Control Membership Settings, Account Settings and Manage Family.